The inks are made by Kyo no oto in Kyoto, Japan. The colours are inspired by locations in Japan. The inks are crafted according traditional Japanese dyeing techniques.
The kyo-no-oto branded ink comes in five colours:
- No 01 - Nurebairo (Black) - the name is to represent a women's glossy black hair.
- No 02 - Imayou-iro (cherry blossom tone) -
- No 0 3 - Kokeiro (moss green)
- No 04 - Yamabukiiro (gold-brown)
- No 05 - Aonibi (blue-black)
There are also colours branded Kyo-iro - I have not tried or seem samples of these colours, however, for reference the colours that are available are:
- Stone Road of Gion (brown/gold)
- Soft Snow of Ohara (blue/purple)
- Flaming Red of Fushimi (red)
- Moonlight of Higashiyama (brown/gold)
- Cherry Blossom of Keage (red/burgundy)